This is a simple oatmeal recipe using steel cut oats that all 3 of my boys enjoy.
Baked apple cinnamon oatmeal is very simple to make and one that can be made when you know you’re going to have a busy morning as the majority of the cook time is done in the oven.
Baked apple cinnamon oatmeal is a simple to make and nourishing breakfast your entire family will enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Steel Cut Oats
- 4 small or 2 large apples (I used organic fuji apples)
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbl butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Soak your steel cut oats the night before. About an inch of water over your oats.
- The next morning, drain your steel cut oats in a colander to get rid of excess water and place them in a baking dish.
- Chop and dice your apples and stir into the oats.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs, milk, maple syrup, and butter. Stir into your oats.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
- Once the oatmeal is done, serve into bowls. Add some whole milk and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Have you ever made a baked apple cinnamon oatmeal before? Tell me, what’s your favorite flavor of oatmeal?