Gazpacho. One of my favorite summer treats is this cold soup that makes its way into every tapas bar across Spain during the hot summer months. There really is no better way to enjoy this than to handpick your very own ripe tomatoes off the vine. The richness and freshness of the tomatoes make it worth every ounce of labor to garden for. If you don’t have a home garden, I recommend to use the freshest, ripest tomatoes from your local farmers market. It really does make a difference in color, in texture, and in taste.
You can adjust ingredients according to taste
- 1/2 sweet green pepper (If using Italian Marconi’s, 1 whole pepper)
- 1/4 large white onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 large fresh, ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- salt to taste
- diced cucumber and tomato to garnish
- Combine the pepper, onion, and garlic in a food processor or blender.
- Once blended, add the tomatoes, evoo, vinegar and salt.
- Puree the ingredients until everything is well blended into a thick pink liquid.
My mami, blending away in my kitchen! Isn’t she so cute!!
- Add ice cubes and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Before serving garnish with cucumber and tomatoes.