For this recipe my mami and I utilized the Spanish flavors of jamon serrano. We larded the roast to keep it moist and tender throughout the roasting process and topped it with jamon to lock those flavors in and create a nice crunchy salty garnish. For the creme de la creme, we utilized the pan drippings to pour over the sliced pieces as a sauce. Simply Divine!
Pierna de Cordero Asada, Roasted Leg of Lamb
-Adapted from 1080 Recipes
- 4-5lb bone in leg of lamb
- 4-5 cloves of garlic pressed or minced
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup farm fresh pork lard
- 10 slices jamon serrano (prosciutto or bacon will be fine)
- Rub the lamb with the garlic and pork lard on both sides. sprinkle with salt.
- Top with the jamon serrano or other cured ham.
- Let rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Put the lamb into a roasting pan and roast for 15 minutes.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350F and roast for 15-20 minutes per pound basting occasionally.
- When the meat is done, let it rest for about 15 minutes before carving. This will ensure that the juices stay within the meat.
- With the reserved drippings and juice in the roasting pan, add 1 cup water and heat on the stovetop until all the bits and pieces have been incorporated into the sauce.
- Serve with the roasted leg of lamb.
Nourish your Family Today!
Joing the My Humble Kitchen community today and I'll send you my eBook, A Month of Meals from My Humble Kitchen to Yours absolutely free. You'll receive recipes, techniques in the kitchen, gardening tips, and so much more to nourish your family physically and spiritually!