Recipe adapted from 1,080 Recipes
- 4 cooked beets
- 2 hard boiled farm fresh eggs
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse the beets and put them whole in a pan of cold water. Bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 1 hour or until the beets are tender.
- Once the beets are tender, remove them from the water and let them cool a few minutes. Their skins should slip off.
- Peel the beets.
- Cut a small slice on the bottom of each beet so they will stand.
- Hollow out the centers, taking care not to break the “shells.”
- Dice the scooped out flesh and set aside.
- Scoop the yolks out of the hard boiled eggs and set aside.
- Finely chop the whites.
- Combine the diced beet, egg whites, onion and cilantro in a bowl.
- Whisk together the vinegar and oil in another bowl, stir in the egg yolks, and season with salt and pepper, then pour over the beet mixture.
- Fill the beet “shell’s” with the mixture and season to taste.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Nourish your Family Today!
Joing the My Humble Kitchen community today and I'll send you my eBook, A Month of Meals from My Humble Kitchen to Yours absolutely free. You'll receive recipes, techniques in the kitchen, gardening tips, and so much more to nourish your family physically and spiritually!