While you’re reading this, I should be traveling to Southern California to attend the first annual, Big Traveling Potluck. Its been a few years since I’ve attended a blogging conference, so when it was announced that the Big Potluck would introduce a traveling blogging retreat in California, I knew I had to go.
I’m a California girl at heart and with family nearby, it was the perfect opportunity to plan a family vacation around the retreat.
Since we homeschool, we have the added flexibility to take our school on the road. We’ll be starting in Southern California and we’ll make our way North to the SF area. I can’t even tell you how excited I am to visit different farmers markets throughout California eating my way through tons of fresh fruit.
In the Midwest, we don’t have local fruit in abundance, so this is going to be a treat!
I was hoping to have my eBook, Nourishing Menu Plans on a Budget: A Month of Meals from My Humble Kitchen to Yours, for sale today, however, I’ll have to postpone it just a bit longer. Soon… very soon!
But remember, my eBook is part of the much larger, Ultimate Homemaking Ebook Bundle Sale which starts this coming Monday. Make sure to sign up for my email updates to be alerted first thing Monday morning when the sale goes live!
While I’m traveling, I’ll leave you with this scrumptious spring pizza I developed for my Menu Plan members – a roasted garlic pizza topped with grilled onions, spinach, and feta cheese.
This pizza highlights everything beautiful about the first harvests in spring – green onions, sweet spinach, and the seasons first feta.
This crust had to of been the best I have ever made. Light and airy inside with a firm outer crust.
I’d love to share the dough recipe but I need to work on a video first 😉
This roasted garlic pizza topped with grilled green onions, spinach, and feta cheese highlights everything beautiful about the first harvests in spring – green onions, sweet spinach, and the seasons first feta.
- 1 recipe pizza dough
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 3 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 6-8 green onions
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded pecorino Romano or parmesan cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- Preheat your oven with a pizza stone inside at 500F
- Slice off the bottom end of the garlic bulb, just a bit so that you can see the cloves.
- Rub the bulb with olive oil and bake at 375F, covered with parchment paper or aluminum foil for 45 minutes.
- Once roasted, the cloves should be soft and tender; you should be able to slide them right out. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor add the garlic cloves and 3 tablespoons of olive oil; puree
- Char the green onions on an inside cast iron griddle or pan; 3-4 minutes per side.
- To the ready pizza dough set on parchment paper, spread 2-3 tbls of olive oil over the doughy crust, then spread on the roasted garlic spread.
- Top with the cheddar cheese, pecorino Romano or parmesan cheese, then add the charred green onion, spinach, and finally sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Transfer the pizza on the parchment paper to the preheated stone in the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
Since I’m on my way to California, if you’re from around Southern LA Area or Northern SF Area, please share your favorite farmers markets, specialty grocery stores, food coops, and local restaurants. I’d appreciate your help