Hey everyone! It’s been some time since I’ve written anything up here; however, there are some new changes to the Simple Lives Thursday blog hop. My dear, sweet friends Wardeh, and Alicia have decided to move on from Simple Lives. They’re moving in new directions, but I’m very excited that I’ve met Millie from Real Food for Less Money! We have a lot in common especially in cooking, economical, real food! How exciting, huh?! So anyway’s, the hop continues! Make sure to visit Millie at Real Food for Less Money!
It’s Simple Lives Thursday! My favorite day of the week where you share your tips and recipes for living a simple life. Whichever blog that you choose to link up your post, it will show up on all 4 sites! As a reminder, this blog hop is a way to share with many people your posts on what you are doing to live a simple life. Whether that’s gardening, raising urban chickens, homeschooling, sewing, making your own deodorant, or cleaning supplies… we want to know about it! If you’re into homeopathy, ways to save $ by conserving energy or other ways to live frugally… we want to know about it! If you bike, cook real food, homestead or farm… we want to know about it!
- Millie from Real Food for Less Money
Please read and follow the Simple Lives Thursday bloghop rules
1. If linking real, traditional and simple recipes, please make sure all ingredients used are whole. Such as whole grains, vegetables, legumes, meats, even sugar. In order to keep the integrity of “nourishing” food, we will delete any recipes that utilize processed, boxed foods. We are definitely not going to be ingredient policeman, however, please note that this is a hop hosted by advocates of the real, local and sustainable food movements.
2. Please link your posts back to one of the hosting blogs. This is a common blog hop courtesy. This link helps build the Simple Lives Thursday community by sending your readers to all of the other participants posts. We all end up sharing and learning from each other.
3. No giveaway away or otherwise primarily advertising oriented posts. Keep your topics to fit our simple living theme of “consume less, produce more.” We will delete posts that don’t fit.
Featured Posts from Last Week’s Submissions
We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs’ posts for the specific week that you were featured.
Here are our picks from last week’s submissions. Thanks to all who participated — it is always hard to choose!
1. Unique Summer Slaw Recipe With Brussel Sprouts by Wine-Y-Wife. “How would you like this on the side of your plate with any summer meal? It’s quick and easy and amazingly delicious!”
2. Our Solar System by Making Our Life Sustainable. “When we are up on our future homestead, working our bodies to an over-exhausted state, it’s always nice to have a hot shower and an evening television show or two to vegetate over.”
3. Hired Killers: Bugs in Your Garden by Brown Thumb Mama. “And if somebody asks you why you’re a successful gardener, just smile and tell them, “hired killers”. ”