Tomorrow will be the first day of June – my favorite month of the year. I’ll have a Little Mama turning 2 and a Big Brother turning 8 years old in the next month. Now that the spring will soon turn to summer, my family will slow down – revering in his creation. We’ll camp, swim, bike, tend to our urban homestead, and for the next month, swing into a slower routine in homeschool. We only have 1 more month until we’re officially done for the school year; however, right about now, we’re all ready to lay down the academics for a bit to just read good books. Lord willing, it will be good.
Enough about that, let’s get on to my favorite links and things.
Below are a few of my favorite links from this past week
- A Trio of Spring Pickles: Ramps, Rhubarb and Fiddleheads – Simple Bites. Last year we foraged for fiddleheads but I never thought to pickle them. Amy shares a great recipe for them this week. In Iowa, they’re past harvesting for this season but I’m going to take note to try and ferment them next year.
- How to Make Worcestershire Sauce – The Nourished Kitchen. For all you diy’ers, I think you’ll love this recipe.
- DIY Thieves Spray – All-Natural Germ Killer – Mama Natural. Now that Little Mama is learning to use the potty, I’m going to need a lot of this especially when we’re out and about 😉
- On Parenting Teens – Jen Hatmaker. This was such an encouraging post to me. Parenting teens can be fun!
- Letters of Legacy: The Best Memorial Day Story You Will Ever Read – The Humbled Homemaker. Be prepared, this story is a tearjerker. It’s a beautiful story of redemption and love.
My Humble Kitchen in and Around the Web
This week I’m so honored to be over at Nourished Kitchen and Mom Advice sharing some recipes I know you’re going to enjoy. Also, don’t forget to check out the new recipes I shared with you this past week.
- The Season’s Creamiest Strawberry Flan – Nourished Kitchen.
- A Self Crusting Dark Leafy Green Quiche – MomAdvice.
- Easy, Whole Wheat Einkorn Cheddar Crackers – My Humble Kitchen.
- Creamed Spinach, Sausage, and Potato Casserole – My Humble Kitchen.
Favorite Verse of the Week
Because Your loving kindness is better than life,
My lips shall praise You.
I am SO excited as tomorrow is the start of the online summer book club by Good Morning Girls. We will be going through a new book written by Sally Clarkson and Angela Perritt called, You Are Loved, Embracing the Everlasting Love God has for You. I pray that the Holy Spirit works in me over this study and that I learn to accept his love for what it is… free, simply because he loves me. You can join as well. Check out the Good Morning Girls website for all of the details.
Favorite Reminder of the Week
My Family Food Life Through Instagram
Our first harvest of the season
Steak fajitas for supper… so good!
Riding lessons. Our favorite day of the week. Homeschool rocks!
Thinning radishes makes for great micro-greens.
So my girl is an artist, loves to play in the dirt, and garden with mami. Like mother, like daughter.
Creamed spinach, sausage, and potato casserole was enjoyed by all.
More baseball games. It’s so neat to see Gabe coach our boys. He works so well with children. He melts my heart
Tortilla espanola in the rice cooker and the seasons first gazpacho. The kids LOVE this!
It looks like we have a silver laced polish in our new flock of hens.
The front yard garden is growing well.
I may not have a large house but I do have a container garden in my front yard patio that makes me so very happy. My herb garden is a part of it which also has the most beautiful prairie flowers that bloom for most of the summer. It’s the small things, I tell you. Like drinking a hot cup of coffee before the morning breaks while taking in His creation. It may not be much to some people but it’s everything to me. #beautyinthesimplicity
Mounding potatoes in my backyard garden.
Little Brother serving Little Mama strawberries. Too sweet.
Have a Blessed Sunday!