I hope you have been slowing down and enjoying your summer as much as I have. We finally kissed K and 2nd grade good-bye and I’m still coming down from cloud 9 after the most amazing Independence Day holiday I’ve had in quite some time. My family and I spent July 3rd, celebrating with family over supper and finished our evening watching the best fireworks display I have ever seen. Oh my, the lights lit up the sky right before our eyes and since we were sitting so near to the fireworks, once the finale started exploding into a million different lights it felt as if we could reach right in and capture a beaming twinkle in the palm of our hands. It was fantastic. We were all completely mesmerized.
On Independence Day, we celebrated by taking the family to a local amusement park. It’s one of my favorite things to do in this season as I love watching the kids glee with excitement at the many different rides and attractions. It was especially fun watching Little Mama’s sparkly brown eyes grow big with wonder and joy as she experienced her first rides spinning round or moving up and down. She was a joy to watch, smile as wide as the seas and a laugh, crackling so loud that it could be heard for days. I live for days like this.
We rounded out our weekend by slowing down and enjoying a lazy Saturday. Really we did nothing and it was great! I hope you had a fantastic weekend as well. Feel free to share how you spent your weekend in the comments below.
For now, let’s get on to my favorite links and things.
Below are a few of my favorite links from this past week
- Simple Homemade “Sun-Dried” Tomatoes – The Prairie Homestead. Jill shares with us a great post on how to make your own sun dried tomatoes in the dehydrator. This is the method I use at home.
- Plantain Salve Recipe – Mommypotamus. This is a great post on how to make your own first aid ointment using plantain leaves. It’s great for burns, rashes, bug bites, and more.
- 40+ Legitimate Ways to Earn Money as a Stay-at-Home Mom – Red and Honey. This is a fantastic resource for those stay-at-home mama’s looking to make some side money.
- Getting Started with a Dairy Cow – The Well Fed Homestead. My dream is to own a Jersey cow one day, so I tucked this post away for that special day 😉
- Sweet and Simple Cherry Hand Pies – My Humble Kitchen. I’ve already received great reviews from people that have made these that I had to share them again. It’s pie season… go make pie!
Favorite Verse of the Week
Favorite Reminder of the Week
My Family Food life Through Instagram
Turning compost because it has to be done.
Digging up some baby potatoes for supper.
A week ago, I harvested all of my radishes from the garden and made some pesto from the leaves.
I found these radish pods at my farmers market that are currently fermenting.
We’ve had a tremendous raspberry harvest this year.
The kids have loved it!
Now that it’s summer, I’m nourishing my soul by taking a pottery class. This was my first piece. A bowl.
The kids and I made cherry hand pies. Yumm!!
Little Mama wishing she could ride the bumper cars with her brothers. Soon enough, Little Mama, soon enough.
Fireworks for days! God bless the USA.
Have a Blessed Sunday!