Tomorrow will be the first day of June – my favorite month of the year. I’ll have a Little Mama turning 2 and a Big Brother turning 8 years old in the next month. Now that the spring will soon turn to summer, my family will slow down – revering in his creation. We’ll camp, swim, bike, tend to our urban homestead, and for the next month, swing into a slower routine in homeschool. We only have 1 more month until we’re officially done for the school year; however, right about now, we’re all ready to lay down the academics for a bit to just read good books. Lord willing, it will be good.
Enough about that, let’s get on to my favorite links and things.
Below are a few of my favorite links from this past week
- A Trio of Spring Pickles: Ramps, Rhubarb and Fiddleheads – Simple Bites. Last year we foraged for fiddleheads but I never thought to pickle them. Amy shares a great recipe for them this week. In Iowa, they’re past harvesting for this season but I’m going to take note to try and ferment them next year.
- How to Make Worcestershire Sauce – The Nourished Kitchen. For all you diy’ers, I think you’ll love this recipe.
- DIY Thieves Spray – All-Natural Germ Killer – Mama Natural. Now that Little Mama is learning to use the potty, I’m going to need a lot of this especially when we’re out and about 😉
- On Parenting Teens – Jen Hatmaker. This was such an encouraging post to me. Parenting teens can be fun!
- Letters of Legacy: The Best Memorial Day Story You Will Ever Read – The Humbled Homemaker. Be prepared, this story is a tearjerker. It’s a beautiful story of redemption and love.