This is a simple oatmeal recipe using steel cut oats that all 3 of my boys enjoy.
Baked apple cinnamon oatmeal is very simple to make and one that can be made when you know you’re going to have a busy morning as the majority of the cook time is done in the oven.
Baked apple cinnamon oatmeal is a simple to make and nourishing breakfast your entire family will enjoy.
- 1 1/2 cups Organic Steel Cut Oats
- 4 small or 2 large apples (I used organic fuji apples)
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbl butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Soak your steel cut oats the night before. About an inch of water over your oats.
- The next morning, drain your steel cut oats in a colander to get rid of excess water and place them in a baking dish.
- Chop and dice your apples and stir into the oats.
- In a small bowl, mix the eggs, milk, maple syrup, and butter. Stir into your oats.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes.
- Once the oatmeal is done, serve into bowls. Add some whole milk and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Have you ever made a baked apple cinnamon oatmeal before? Tell me, what’s your favorite flavor of oatmeal?
Nourish your Family Today!
Joing the My Humble Kitchen community today and I'll send you my eBook, A Month of Meals from My Humble Kitchen to Yours absolutely free. You'll receive recipes, techniques in the kitchen, gardening tips, and so much more to nourish your family physically and spiritually!