Happy Sunday, everyone. I hope you’re getting a bit of downtime to relax with family and friends over this long memorial weekend.
My family, we’re doing a bit of both. Yesterday, I was overjoyed to wake up without a care in the world as all 3 children had spent the night with Abuela and Papa so that Gabe and I could hit the town for an evening. We had such a wonderful time, engaged in great conversation at a new brewery in town called Exile. Their local craft brews are just what this mama needed after a long week filled in homeschooling, horseback lessons, baseball games, home made meals, and everything in between.
After our lazy morning, we filled our Saturday by picking up the kids, hitting the farmers market, and working on our homestead. Nehemiah cleaned up the new chicks’ brooder, Gabe worked on the hen house by separating their run so that we can start planting grasses and weeds and alternating them within those areas (I’ll explain more about my idea on this later), and I worked in the gardens, mounding potatoes, watering, and sowing new seeds. It always feels great to sleep after a hard days work on an urban homestead; however, the work never seems to be done. Let’s get to my favorite things.
Below are a few of my favorite links from this past week
- The Sortacrunchy Guide To a Super Summer: Indoor Edition -Megan Tietz. I’ve been enjoying Megan’s guides to summer fun. We’ll soon be done with homeschool for the year, so we’ll definitely be using some of these ideas to keep ourselves busy throughout the week.
- The Miracle of a Brother’s Song – GodVine. This story just melted my heart this week. It’s a tear jerker for sure.
- Ten Boy-Mom “Musts” – Fighting Frumpy. If you have boy’s, you will so get this! Completely hilarious!
- The Get Started Gardening and Composting Guide – Live Renewed. Emily shares some great resources you may find helpful.
- A Frugal Real Food Guide to Healthy Food at Costco – Don’t Waste the Crumbs. Tiffany shares a great list of healthy foods at Costco.
- 25 Meal Ideas for the Busy Baseball Season – My Humble Kitchen. Great quick food ideas for busy evenings.
- Baked Strawberry and Rhubarb French Toast Casserole – My Humble Kitchen. A seasonal and scrumptious dish for breakfast or brunch.
Favorite Verse of the Week
For to me, to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Phillipians 1:21
I’ve been reading this book by Beth Moore. The life of Paul just fascinates me. His sincere love for Christ that he would willingly die knocks me off my feet. That faith, that love, is what I pray for everyday.
Favorite Reminder of the Week
Instagram Pics of the Week
It’s that time of the year again. A simple BLT and pasta salad using Jovial’s einkorn fussili.
I made Better Than Fast Food Chicken Nuggets for the family. Always a hit!
Another week at the ball park!
Today I’ll be picking the first harvest of the season 😀 I love gardening!