This past week has been a more difficult one for me. I’ve been dealing with a head cold that’s zapped my energy levels from a 10 to a 4 on most days. I’ve been pushing through it but goodness as soon as the evening rolled around, I felt completely wiped out. This past week we’ve eaten out 3 times since I just didn’t have the energy to get in the kitchen and cook. Praise God for Chipotle, local pizza, Vietnamese Pho, and an understanding husband that takes care of me 😉 I am happy to say that I’m starting to feel better today. I woke up this morning with more energy than I have had all week. I really hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel.
Besides my sickness, I did have a great week with my family and am so happy to share with you that my Little Mama turned 2 this past Friday. We’ll be celebrating her birthday along with Big Brother turning 8 on a camping trip this coming weekend. I am so excited for that. I still have quite a bit of planning to do for our camping trip so I’d appreciate any food ideas you’d care to share with me. This week, the boys and I are going to make homemade marshmallows for our smores. So good! So if you have any other ideas, let me know in the comments below.
Let’s get on to my favorite links and things.
Below are a few of my favorite links from this past week
- No One Applauds This Woman Because They’re Too Creeped Out At Themselves To Put Their Hands Together – Upworthy. This is a powerful video that shows the power of marketing our food industry has. It’s a real eye opener!
- Report: Honeybee Death Rate is Currently too High for Survival of the Species – Live Free, Live Natural. This breaks my heart.
- 15 Tips for the Highly Sensitive Parent – Megan Tietz. Do you ever feel overwhelmed or overstimulated at home? Do you ever crave silence? In this post, Megan shares a bit about the highly sensitive parent and tips on how to cope through your day with children. It really opened my eyes as I could relate to a lot of this and was quite surprised that I actually do some of the tips she writes about because it does bring me peace and calm throughout my day. Great read!
- Celebrating 5 Years: A New Site Design + Chocolate Silk Pie – Healthy Green Kitchen. Winnie’s blog has always been one of my favorites on the web. She celebrated 5 years of blogging and an amazing accomplishment of writing a book. (Which I plan on sharing about very soon!) To celebrate, she shared an amazing recipe for a chocolate silk pie that’s to swoon over.
- 50+ Tempting Cold Drink Recipes to Help You Kick the Soda Habit – Live Renewed. My friend Emily shares a great post with 50 sensational summer drinks to help you kick your soda habit. My Humble Kitchen may have made the list 😉
Favorite Verse of the Week
Although I was feeling under the weather this week I was able to start the Good Morning Girls study. A good thing to since I really needed to hear these words this week.
I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave, you are there.
If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.
In my sickness, it always makes me realize just how fragile we really are. The need for a savior becomes so evident and it’s always in his word that he brings strength and comfort. Thank you God for giving me the strength I needed this past week.
Favorite Reminder of the Week
My Family Food Life Through Instagram
We started the week with horse lessons. I’m so proud of my boys as they are learning to steer their horses.
My nephew and his best friend are probably the cutest boys at our homeschool horse lessons 😉
Little Mama made me a flower arrangement in milk. Isn’t she sweet 😉
This princess turned 2 so we went to the zoo.
This is our tribe minus one!
Have a Blessed Sunday!
Nourish your Family Today!
Joing the My Humble Kitchen community today and I'll send you my eBook, A Month of Meals from My Humble Kitchen to Yours absolutely free. You'll receive recipes, techniques in the kitchen, gardening tips, and so much more to nourish your family physically and spiritually!