10 Spanish Tapas Recipes to Ring in the New Year!

Posted · 14 Comments

tapas

It’s time to ring in the New Year and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with family, good friends, and Spanish tapitas.

Spanish tapas are those wonderful little side dishes (appetizers) of Spain.  For celebrations, it’s good fun to make a variety of tapas to be enjoyed and nibbled on throughout the evening.

tapas_2

They’re quick to put together and your guests will enjoy sampling many different flavors of Spain in just one night.

If you’re planning on attending a party, a tapa and a nice bottle of wine makes a great hostess gift.

For me and mine, we’re bundling up the family and ringing in the New Years with our church family.  I plan on taking a few tapitas to be shared since it’ll be a cinch to put together a platter of Spanish cheeses and charcuterie… and who doesn’t love Spanish chorizo?

Below is a list of some of my favorite Spanish Tapas Recipes.

10 Spanish Tapas to Ring in the New Year

1. Mejillones en Escabeche – Marinated Mussels

mejillones_en_escabeche

2. Gambas al Ajillo

gambas

3. Tortillitas de Patatas y Aceituna – Bite Sized Spanish Potato Omelets with Green Olives

tortilla

Although I made miniature versions of tortilla espanola in this post, you can make one large tortilla and cut it up into bite sized pieces.

4. A variety of Spanish Charcuterie, Cheeses, and Crusty Bread

tapa_words

5. Spanish Croquetas

croquettes

6. Papas Con Albondigas – Spanish Style Potatoes and Meatballs

meatballs

7. Ensaladilla Rusa

ensaladilla_rusa

8. Pimientos Asados – Roasted Red Peppers in a Vinaigrette

Pimientos Asados

9. Garbanzos Con Espinaca

garbanzos

10. Remolachas Rellenas – Stuffed Beets

stuffed_beets

Cheers to a great New Year!

These are just some of my favorite tapitas – did I miss yours?  Let me know in the comments some tapitas that you would like to see me share in the New Year.

14 Responses to "10 Spanish Tapas Recipes to Ring in the New Year!"
  1. Aggie says:

Mmmmmmm, this spread looks amazing. I love tapas, and I think a tapas inspired NYE menu sounds fantastic!

2. Susan Smith says:

Wow! I spent a semester in Sevilla and this brings back so many memories…

3. Stacy says:

Fun! And a little jamon serrano with that bread, right? And some tinto de verano! Ohhh! I want to go back to Spain now! :)

4. Janet says:

These look delicious! Thanks for sharing. In years past we have made a spinach and artichoke dip, 5 layer chili dip, fresh cut veggies, cheese and crackers, and maybe a few warm appetizers from the freezer something like pigs in a blanket. This year will be a little different as I will be working so I will prepare a quick veggie soup for our New Year’s Eve dinner. Have a Happy and safe New Years!

5. Pura says:

What can i say about Spanish food -just delicious-. They can also be a main meal too.
    Greetings from Alicante-Spain.

6. Happy New Year Diana! This is fantastic. I love Spanish food even though it’s harder to find it here in Boston. Hope all is well with your family!

Jen

7. Caroline says:

Fantastic post! We had a few of these last night but wish we had all of these!

8. These are beautiful Diana. That’s my favorite way to eat – I’d way rather have a plate of tiny bites than a whole meal.