With so many freshly picked strawberries from turtle farm, I did the best I could to eat them fresh and use them up in homemade recipes before freezing what was left. I decided to make a sweet jelly filled topping for puff pastry – a light and flaky sweet sensation!
Strawberry Apple Puffed Sensations. A gently sweetened treat for early spring.
- 3 small apples, sliced
- 1 cup whole strawberries, cut into quarters
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 recipe puff pastry
- In a small saucepan add the sliced apples and 2 tbs butter over medium heat. Bring to a sizzle and cover for 10 minutes or until soft. (This will add natural pectin to the sauce creating a light jelly)
- Add the quartered strawberries and honey, and mash until the strawberries and apples break down and a thick sauce has been formed. Heat for an additional 5 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cut off a piece of puff pastry.
- Roll out your puff pastry to 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch.
- Cut out 5-inch circles and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 425 for 7 minutes.
- Top the circles with the strawberry/apple topping.
- Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden.
Looks delicious. You've got a lovely contrast of flavours here. The slight acidity of the apples and strawberries, balanced out by the honey! And such a simple recipe too!
These little tarts look cute and yummy!
This looks so tempting-I think I'm going to move to Iowa!!!
Diana Bauman says
Felix Padilla says
Lovely pics. Now I'm hungry!:-)
Good job on the picture Diana!! I see you are improving! Those puffs look great.
Cookin' Canuck says
Mmm… what a delicious, easy dessert. Puff pastry is so versatile and can make an ordinary dessert really special.
Gabe Bauman says
WOW…your pix are starting to look great mama! Good job!
Hello Diana from Madrid! I have just found out yor blog and I'm glad of seeing a Spanish woman in Iowa. I love this pastries with apples and strawberries! Yummy!
ooooooooo yum! I'm loving your blog too!! And I'm so excited you are up for the jam exchange 🙂 Can't wait to check out the rest of your recipes!
Hummingbird Appetite says
I love strawberries! Your dessert looks awesome!
My Little Space says
What a lovely bake!