Is it on or around June 1st?! Yes it is! That means it’s my turn to host My Legume Love Affair! One of my favorite events brought to us by Susan from the Well Seasoned Cook. I am so excited as I’ve been on a year waiting list to host this very popular event on the blogosphere!
So what is this event and how do I join?
- Post a recipe featuring legumes between now and June 30, linking it to this announcement and to the host lineup announcement by Susan.
Your choice of recipes is very broad. As much as legumes are most commonly known as fresh or dried beans, peas, lentils and pulses, they are also the sometimes edible pods that contain these seeds. Add to the list alfalfa, fenugreek, peanuts, carob, tamarind, and other members of the Fabaceae or Leguminosae family, as well as derivatives such as the saifun mung bean noodles and you’ll have a hard time focusing on just one. All courses and cuisines (vegetarian/vegan/non-vegetarian) are welcome, as long as legumes are the dominant ingredient.
(Please note: In France, vegetables of all sorts are known as légumes. They are not included in this event.)
* Please note, in order to enter this event your dish must feature a legume. A teaspoon or so does not qualify.
- Multiple recipes are permitted (although only one submission will be counted towards the random drawings).
- Recipes submitted to other events are also permitted. Please note that each entry should link to this post and to Susan’s host lineup.
- Recipes from archives can be accepted ONLY if updated and reposted as current and should also include a link to this post and Susan’s host lineup.
- Recipes from those who are not bloggers are welcome and make eligible the participants to win either prize. Please email me your name, location, recipe, and optional photo, and I will ensure you are included in the drawing and round-up.
- The location of each participant is necessary so that I will know who qualifies to win the supplemental Hurst Bean prize, shipped to U.S. residents only. If you don’t want your location published in the round-up, please indicate this in your email so that I can maintain your privacy.
- Use of logo is optional.
- Photo is preferred, but not essential, with a maximum width of 500 pixels.
- I will post the round-up/winners’ announcement during first week of July.
How to submit your entry
Once you have linked your post(s) to this announcement and Susan’s host lineup, please send me an email at [email protected] with MLLA 24 in the subject field that must contain the following:
- Blog Name
- Recipe Name and URL of Recipe Post
- Photo – optional
All prizes will be randomly selected by Susan. My family and personal friends are not eligible to win any prize.
- Randomly selected without influence and purchased by Susan (shipped worldwide): Mark Bittman’s Kitchen Express.
- Hurst Bean Box – A case of six bags of the winner’s choice of Hurst Bean products, suitable for every diet, provided by Hurst Bean. (Due to shipping restrictions, this prize can only be awarded if the winner is a U.S. resident.) In May 2010, Susan, at her request, has received two Hurst Bean complimentary products which she has been unable to purchase on her own at her local supermarket.
That’s it! How fun, right?! So go ahead and start cooking!! I can’t wait to see what you send me 🙂 As for me, I’ve already have some great legume recipes, tips and tricks to share with you during this month! Also, please share this with whomever else may have that special love affair with legumes 😉