I’m thrilled! After 31 years, I’m finally getting my Spanish Citizenship! I’ll have dual citizenships from the United States and Spain. My mother just returned from the Spanish embassy in Chicago with all the paperwork necessary.
To commemorate, my family had a fantastic bbq including a staple in our house called Aliño. A Spanish potato salad that features a variety of flavors including olives, tuna, and extra virgin olive oil.
A Spanish potato salad that can be served cold or at room temperature.
- 6 medium-sized potatoes, roughly chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cans of tuna in olive oil
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives, sliced
- 4 farm fresh eggs, sliced
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and eggs to the boiling water, cover and boil for 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the boiled potato's, tomatoes, onion, tuna, olives and eggs. Mix in 1/2 - 3/4 cup of olive oil, salt and mix through.
- Refrigerate before serving.
In Spain, aliño is served at room temperature.