This post is sponsored by Real Salt – A natural sea salt with more than 60 trace minerals, a unique taste, and reports of health benefits around the globe.
Big brother is eight years old, strong minded, and independent although his heart is one that bleeds for others. Just like his father, I can already see that he has the gift of helps, one that’s servant minded. Without having to ask of him, he helps his siblings get dressed, pours them glasses of milk, or keeps their busy minds at bay by playing games with them.
He’s also been the one with a sincere interest in gardening and cooking with me – he’s been cracking eggs since the age of 2 and frying them up with perfect crisp edges since 5. Yes, he’s just like his father; responsible, dedicated, with a heart to serve others, and it was he who taught Big Brother how to make Dad’s best popcorn. Apparently, mama doesn’t know the magic to light and airy popcorn popped just so … so I let them have their thing 😉 Since I’m not allowed to pop popcorn at our home, Big Brother helped me come up with a fun new way to eat popcorn during this holiday season.
Sweet and Full of Spice, All Natural, Popcorn Treats
Adding a bit of sweet smelling coconut oil to a heavy bottomed pan, Big Brother did his thing and made the lightest, fluffiest popcorn this side of heaven.
Once popped, together, Big Brother and I placed the popcorn into a large pan and added a bit of our favorite popcorn salt from the makers of Real Salt. It’s a super light grain with no grittiness whatsoever. Like all products from Real Salt, it contains over 60 trace minerals.
Once we added the salt, we decided to add some cinnamon and homemade pumpkin pie spice.
To that, we added some dried fruit and our favorite enjoy brand chocolate chips. The heartwarming spices of cinnamon and cloves was filling the air… yes, it was coming together quite nicely.
To sweeten it up and give it a bit of orange color to make best of this season, we simmered some honey with a bit of pureed sweet potato and then added arrowroot powder to thicken it up. It was perfectly sweet and had no hint of sweet potato flavor at all. Together we then drizzled a few tablespoons into the popcorn and tossed all of the ingredients together.
We then had fun separating the popcorn mix into muffin cups and using the leftover sweet caramel type sauce to drizzle over top.
It tastes of the seasons most comforting spices, is gently sweetened, and pairs well with the sweetness in the dried fruit and chocolate chips.
I thin you’ll find that this sweet and full of spice popcorn mix makes a delightful and nourishing treat in this season.
Sweet and Full of Spice, All Natural, Popcorn Treats. It tastes of the seasons most comforting spices, is gently sweetened, and pairs well with the dried fruit and chocolate chips.
- 1 tbls coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn
- 1 tsp popcorn salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1/4 cup, enjoy brand, chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup sweet potato puree
- 2 tbls arrowroot powder
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan, gently heat 1 tbls of coconut oil with 1 popcorn kernel in the pan and cover. Once the kernel pops in the pan, the oil is ready. Add 1/2 cup of popcorn to the pan and cover. The popcorn should begin to pop shortly after you cover the pan. Make sure to listen to the popcorn. Once the popping slows down, remove the popcorn from the heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, transfer the popcorn to a large bowl or pan.
- To the popcorn, add 1 tsp of popcorn salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice; mix through. Add 1 cup dried fruit and 1/4 cup chocolate chips; toss through and set aside.
- In a small skillet or cast iron pan, gently simmer 1/2 cup of honey with 1/4 cup of sweet potato puree. In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tbls of arrowroot powder with about 3 tbls of the honey mixture. Whisk in the arrowroot mixture back into the contents of the honey and sweet potato mixture on the stovetop. Continue to simmer for another minute or two.
- Add about 3-4 tbls of the honey mixture into the popcorn and toss through.
- Serve the popcorn in individual muffin cups or in a large bowl. Finish with a drizzle of the honey mixture on top.
When it comes to good health, we believe nature has it right. Real Salt is salt exactly the way nature made it–unlike most other salt companies, we don’t add anything and we don’t take anything away. The result is a natural sea salt with more than 60 trace minerals, a unique taste our customers love, and reports of health benefits around the globe.
Real Salt is the best tasting, healthiest sea salt you can find. Take the Real Salt taste test and discover why Real Salt is the best-selling brand of sea salt in America’s health food stores.
Real Salt Ultimate Variety Pack Giveaway!
Real Salt is another company built on integrity that My Humble Kitchen is proud to partner with.
As a special gift to the readers of My Humble Kitchen, Real Salt is giving away an ultimate variety pack to one lucky reader!
For your chance to win, enter below!